Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"You like me, you really like me" ... BUT

It's been a while since I've watched the Oscars ... mostly because I have worked nights for three years. But one of the highlights is watching the unexpected winners try to give their speech as the music gets louder, louder.

Some of my favorite moments: Cuba Gooding, Jr. ("I love you"), Adrien Brody (kisses Halle Berry), Stephen Spielberg ("This is the best drink of water after the longest drought of my life"), Roberto Benigni (jumps on the chairs in the audience) and Sally Field ("You like me, you really like me") ... just to name a few. I would post these clips, but Oscar doesn't let you embed them.

But this year we may not have many of these memorable moments. The Oscar producers are trying something different. They're telling nominees to prepare two speeches - a :45 speech for on-air and a longer speech for a "thank you" camera backstage.

Some speeches can be a bit boring and long, but overall that's the fun of watching the epic 4.5 hour telecast! I don't think the big bad producers are going to be able to stop many of these winners from giving the speech they want. I would like to see them try to stop Mo'Nique or Sandra Bullock ... Jeff Bridges or Christoph Waltz give a big speech after a win.
I think it's going to be hilarious to watch the producers try to stop the speeches. And that's why the speeches will be the highlight of this year's awards show. I can't wait to see what some of the winners do!

No comments:

Post a Comment