Thursday, February 25, 2010

Craig Ferguson Goes Old School

I think Craig Ferguson's "Late Late Show" is pure genius.

I think he has a hilarious, upbeat and one of the best comics hosting a late night show. I would say he's my go-to guy for late night TV. I know that he's not for everyone, but I think his show is something you should watch (even if you have to DVR it because it's on so late).

He's really broken the mold and done his own thing. He has hosted his entire show as a puppet (which is funnier than it sounds), he dedicated his entire show to Archbishop Desmond Tutu last year (not someone you would normally expect to see in late night TV) and does his show without a band.

He's now testing the waters again. On Monday he did his entire show without an audience. This isn't easy for a comic. They like to feed off their audience. But Ferguson's late night experiment is reminiscent of past hosts like Tom Snyder ... who didn't have an audience. And that's the point.

With the drama that has become late night TV ... his show on Monday was a breath of fresh air. I think Ferguson proved he's meant to do the job he has.


1 comment:

  1. every clip i've ever seen of his impresses me. his intelligence is obvious. keep bloggin'.

    ReplyDelete