Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Are Fat People More Fun?

First Lady Michelle Obama has made it a priority to tackle childhood obesity. She's cutting the fat, and setting an example with her family and families around the world. She's even planted a White House garden to show how eating healthy is easy and fun (sorta, I guess). I don't think many people would disagree with her mission. Frankly, she should be applauded.

I bring that up because as I was watching AC 360 Tonight, I saw something that made me scratch my head. During a panel discussion on the Kevin Smith/Southwest Airlines "Fatgate," a member of the National Association of Fat Acceptance was on the show to give their opinion on the matter.

The National Association of Fat Acceptance????? Ummhmm.

The picture (in case you're wondering) is from a NAAFA rally in New York City. The NAAFA's goal is to help build a society in which people of every size are accepted with dignity and equality in all aspects of life. Meet the NAAFA

I honestly don't know what to say. Are fat people more fun?

-daniel

3 comments:

  1. YES! Fat people like to eat and eating is fun!

    Now morbidly obese people, that is another story. We have to look at them on a case by case basis.

    Moderately over weight people are definitely more fun. Case and point: ME!!

    I am enjoying your blog, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yeah we are! That Kevin Smith thing is crazy. Not a big fan of him but glad he is sticking it to the airline. Also when did we start a national fatperson association and why wasnt I invited? Nice Blog! I'm gonna try to keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete