Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Zac Brown + Jimmy Buffett = Disaster?

I'm a big fan of "CMT Crossroads." It meshes a country singer with someone from an entirely different genre. Some of my favorites have been Willie Nelson & Sheryl Crow, Reba McEntire & Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift & Def Leopard and Jason Aldean & Bryan Adams (one of the best).

It's a show that can make you feel uncomfortable at times, but I don't think anything will be able to top CMT's upcoming show ... the country bum with the beach bum.

The Zac Brown Band ("Chicken Fried") will bring their tropical tastes and perform such classics as "Margaritaville" with Jimmy Buffett. The parrot head will also sing "Chicken Fried" with the ZB Band. This will either go really well ... or be a complete disaster. I really can see this going either way. ZB's hit "Toes" has a tropical flavor that I can see Jimmy sing. But ZB getting down on "Son of a Sailor"??? I just don't know about that!

What do you think?

CMT Crossroads: Jimmy Buffett and Zac Brown Band premieres March 19 on CMT.



No comments:

Post a Comment