Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Mackenzie!

I can't believe it's been a year since we welcomed Mackenzie into this world. She turns 1-years-old today. She's my niece (in case you don't know) ... and she's one of the best things to ever happen to our family. Who knew you could love someone so much?

Below is my letter to Mackenzie...Happy Birthday Sweet Pea :-)

Mackenzie -

You've brought so much joy in such a short amount of time. You were loved even before you came into this world, and that love continues to grow everyday. It's hard to put into words exactly what you mean to me, but I'm reminded of it every time you look at me and smile.

It's funny how a laugh, how a stare and even a cry can make you feel so special. You always seem to know exactly what to do to make me feel like the most important person in the room. I love it when you sing into your microphone, when you toss me your ball, when you're in your walker and swivel around the room, when you kiss yourself in the mirror, when you splash around during bath time, when you hold on tight in your wagon, when you blow kisses, when you get tired and rub your eyes, when you wake up and have a smile that could outshine the sun, when you get that mischievous look in your eye (especially when you're doing something you're not supposed to do), when you chase me down the hall, when you reach for your mom or dad (even when I don't want to let you go), when you wave at a complete stranger, when you motorboat with your lips, when you have a perplexed look and shrug your shoulders and when you finally learned to give me a high-five! I could go on and on!

My favorite look is something you would never know you're doing. It's when you are lost in your own little world ... you're usually playing or trying something new ... and you realize I'm watching and you get this look on your face that I really can't describe. It's a little grin with a shimmer in your eye. It says everything ... even when you can't say a word.

I love how I've taught you so many different things, and how you catch on so fast (I'm not a patient person, lol). You have so much trust in me, and I hope that trust will continue to grow. I can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays with you ... even though I want you to stay a baby forever. I know that you'll grow up with dreams, and I hope you realize you can do anything and be anything.

I love you, Sweet Pea. Happy Birthday!

-Uncle Daniel




1 comment: