Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm Back! But Where Have I Been?

It feels like it’s been months since I’ve blogged. It’s only been two weeks, but boy have I missed it.

I’ve received a ton of e-mails, tweets and Facebook messages about my brief absence. A lot of you wondering where I went. This blog is fairly new (taking the place of my previous blog). It actually felt great to know so many people look forward to my postings, thoughts and stories.

I kept mum on why I stepped away from Media Mix. I honestly just needed a break and couldn’t keep up. My grandfather was in the hospital over Easter, so I’ve been spending a lot of time with my family. It sucked seeing him in the hospital, partly because he’s always such a strong person. Seeing him so weak and fragile is not an easy thing to deal with.

Thanks to some great friends, more prayers than I can count and his willingness to get back to his garden, he’s now home from the hospital. While that obstacle is over, we are still waiting to find out why he got so sick in the first place. We know he had bronchitis and that put a terrible strain on his lungs. But with PawPaw Sonny, it’s always a domino effect. What affects his lungs, affects his heart. And simply biology will tell you that when your heart hurts, you hurt. On top of the bronchitis, his blood level was critically low.

We’re waiting on the results of a bone marrow exam. That’ll tell us why he’s losing blood. I ask (whatever your religious affiliation) to pray and keep him in your thoughts. It hasn’t been a year since we lost PawPaw Brown, and I know PawPaw Sonny has a lot more years left in him!

You’ll start seeing my normal postings again: the daily Media Mix, the nightly In Case You Missed It and my random ramblings. I’ve been working on a few things during my hiatus that’ll be posted over the next few days as well.

Enjoy … and as always … let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment